Manual for Men is for men who are in the arena, warriors for Christ and His Church. It is for those men who battle daily for their souls and for their family. It is often a struggle to shed the sins and vices the world offers men, but it’s a battle we must fight and win.
In Part I, Bishop Thomas Olmsted calls for Catholic men to step up and “into the breach” in service to God, their families, parishes, and wider communities. In the course of his exhortation, Olmsted unveils:
• How being a Christian man is far more than physical prowess or worldly power
• Why the world and the Church desperately need men—real men—to fight for them in spiritual combat
• The vital importance of prayer and the sacraments in the life of every man
• Why fatherhood, fully understood, is so crucial for every man
• The value of devotion to a patron saint (complete with 10 manly suggestions)
• Most importantly, how men have the perfect model of man in Jesus Christ, and how we can follow his example.