Oremus allows Catholics to experience anew—or for the first time—the beauty and rich spiritual heritage of the language used for almost two-thousand years in the scriptures, liturgy, and prayers of the Church. Traditional Latin prayers such as the Ave Maria, Sancte Michael, and Tantum Ergo are presented side-by-side with their literal English translations in this extraordinary collection.
The Vatican Twitter account in Latin has grown from 100,000 followers in 2013 to more than almost a million in 2020; and there is a growing interest by Catholics to learn traditional prayers in Latin.
Oremus is a collection of cherished prayers in Latin—the exact words prayed by many of the saints over the centuries—including:
- The prayers of the Rosary—Pater Noster, Gloria Patri, and Salve Regina;
- Prayers for Eucharistic Adoration—O Salutaris, Laudes Divinae, and Anima Christi;
- Prayers for morning, evening, and night—Benedictus, Magnificat, Nunc Dimittis;
- Favorite psalms and Gospel Sequences;
- Prayers used by St. Louis de Montfort in his preparation for Total Consecration to Mary—Veni Creator and Ave Maris Stella; and
- Prayers of and to saints—Te Deum and Suscipe.
- Divine Mercy Chaplet*
Oremus includes an introduction, ecclesiastical Latin pronunciation guide, index, and accent markings throughout the text. It can be used as a prayer book for individuals, classrooms, families, and small groups.
- Item Weight : 7.2 ounces
- Paperback : 224 pages
- Dimensions : 5 x 0.6 x 6.9 inches
- Published in 2020