20 novenas help Catholics “pray without ceasing.”
Novenas have been with the Church from her earliest days as a way for Catholics to grow closer to Christ and connect with their faith in a more meaningful way. Prayed for 9 consecutive days, normally for a specific intention, this form of prayer is a great way to become more persistent in prayer and to “pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
Featuring 20 powerful novenas, the Pocket Guide to Novenas offers a guide to prayer that will help readers understand where novenas come from, how to pray them, and what to expect when praying them.
Of the 20 novenas featured in this pocket guide, 14 are newly written and not available anywhere else. The remaining 6 are traditional novenas that have been written by saints and other holy men and women throughout the history of the Church.
Featured novenas include
- Novena to St. Joseph (new!)
- Divine Mercy Novena
- Surrender Novena
- Novena to St. Augustine (new!)
- Novena for Healing (new!)
- Mary, Undoer of Knots Novena
- Novena to Christ the King (new!)
- And more!
In addition to the novenas themselves, the newest pocket guide includes:
- An introduction to each novena, the background of the particular novena, and common intentions to provide prayerful context
- Sacred art to facilitate meditation and focus your mind and heart on God during prayer
- Inspirational stories from the answered prayers of Catholics around the world to inspire your novena and remind you of God’s providence
- Articles on what to do when prayers aren’t answered as you expected, the history of novenas, and the four types of novenas to increase your knowledge of this traditional type of prayer
- A schedule for praying popular novenas throughout the year, making it easy to incorporate these prayers into your daily routine
Written by the founders of PrayMoreNovenas.com, Annie and John-Paul Deddens, this book is a guide that will help all Catholics connect with God on a deeper level through this traditional type of prayer.
Experience the power of novenas with the Pocket Guide to Novenas!